School starts on September 8 and we realize that you may have questions. Austin ISD released the most comprehensive overview of our reopening plans, I encourage you to review the document it addresses specific areas.
In the meantime, here is an outline of some basic need-to-know information about the start of school:
· The first day of school is Tuesday, September 8th.
· From September 8th to October 5th, will be have virtual learning. The next four weeks, from October 5th to October 30th, will be a phase-in period. Families will choose if they prefer on-campus or virtual learning for this period and families who prefer on-campus learning will be phased in. We will continue to monitor COVID 19 data and follow the advice of health authorities.
It is important to note: even students who choose on-campus instruction may have some days where they are still doing remote learning during this period.
· All students need to be registered before September 8th. If you are unsure if your student is enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year, you can call our office at (512) 414-2004.
· Next week starting Tuesday 18th we will distribute students supplies left at school this past year. We will be sending you the day and time you can come by the school to pick up your students supplies.
· The week of the 24th will be our iPads distribution for student’s PK to 2nd grade. We will let you know the day we will be distributing each grade level. Students must be registered to receive technology.
· Currently we are enrolling students for PK3 & PK4. PK3 is half day and PK4 is full day of virtual learning. Please call us at (512) 414-2004 for registration packets.
· I will be having two ZOOM parent meeting August 25th 10:00 am and August 26th at 5:00pm. I will be reviewing important information a link will be send to you closer to the date of our meeting. Please join us.
We are Allison strong and together we can embrace our children!
Thank you for being a part of the Dragon community.
Mrs. Molina, Principal